onsdag 6 januari 2010

Remastered King Crimson

Should I feel guilty about remastering one of the greatest albums of all time? how about editing it too? No, I feel great. this new version of "Islands" is the sphinx's tits. I've put the big high quality mp3's into Audacity and savaged them all up. Yes, I cranked them up using both bass boost and the amplify option. On "Formentera Lady" I mercilessly hacked the entire first 4 minutes off, tightening the composition, giving it a truly "1 tenth of the way through the 21st century" feeling. It's so much more "tram-Friendly" now.....just think, with all that tram noise and then the cars going by and people talking and the fact that i don't have huge headphones that block out the sound of all the strange humanoid sounds going on out there, that shit is hard to hear.....If the Crim people won't make it loud, i guess i had to. I also excised the first 4 minutes of the title track.....it's too sensitive for these times. and that part where Fripp says something like " once more with the oboes, then once without...." yeah, i put a huge delay on that, and it sounds real groovy-like. Needless to say, "Sailor's Tale" soars much higher in my remaster, and i really cranked the slowed down mellotron outro doom part

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar