söndag 3 januari 2010

Benjamin Britten.....I can almost tolerate hearing an English opera

I'm keeping myself distracted by discovering the music of Britten.....never even gave it chance before. usually english language sounds so weird when sung operatically...to me.. but then there was Purcell. and actually Stravinsky's "The Rakes' Progress" was good....It was time, I determined to start listening to operas that i didn't already know. starting with Strauss's "Arabella" and "Daphne", and moving on to Puccini....I just grabbed at random Britten's "Death in Venice" it's incredible actually.....Death in Venice very striking, Turn of the Screw quite mad....it hasn't really sunk in very far yet, but i'm also reading a biography too, so just introducing myself It's really interesting to determine what sort of repression the guy was dealing with early on, with sexual what not and what have you, that should be central to any talk of the man I hope, but one can become curious about the role of libido in creative enterprises.. ........otherwise, The freezingness of Göteborg is keeping me from enjoying any casual strolls. all walking is done with definite destinations in mind, and there is no stopping to admire the beauty of anything really, except that one oddly striped poodle manifestation

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar